Kindly read through the following before paying your deposit
or download it here: Terms-and-Conditions.pdf
CONSULTATION & DESIGN
- A consultation-fee of R500.00 is charged for a 1-hour session, which is payable before or on the date of consultation via eft.
- To avoid disappointment, please book 3-4 months before your wedding or event.
- Consultations happen by appointment only and must be confirmed via email.
- Best if all correspondence occur via email to avoid confusion.
- The client is welcome to bring one objective person with to the consultation. In the case of a wedding, it will usually be the mother-of-the-bride or maid of honour.
- Cancellation of a consultation should occur 24 hours in advance, if not the consultation-fee will be retained. The client is welcome to reschedule the consultation for another suitable date & time.
- During a consultation Stephen will get an understanding of the client’s personality, likes, dislikes and the inspiration behind her wedding day or the event she will be attending.
- Stephen will take note of all elements and make reference to rough silhouette sketches.
- After the 1st consultation, Stephen will illustrate design possibilities and decide on fabric options that are best suited for the design. The final design layout, a brief explanation of the design, fabrication and a quotation will be sent to the client via email, 7-14 days from the date of the consultation.
- Any amendments to the design or quotation need to be clearly stated in an email or discussed in person with the designer himself.
- Stephen Van Eeden, bespoke made-to-measure gowns start at the following:
Wedding Gowns from R21500, Mother of Bride / Groom ensembles from
R12 500 and Evening Gowns from R10500 (Including Design, Fabric & Labour).
- Your budget will be taken into consideration during the design process.
DEVELOPMENT PROCESS & DELIVERY
- Once the 50% deposit is made and the terms and conditions signed with the acceptance of the quotation the development process will commence – measurements, fabric sourcing and fittings.
- The client will receive their fitting dates – up to the delivery/collection date of the garment. This can be discussed or finalized via email.
- Delivery/Collection date is usually 5-7 days before the event unless alternatives are discussed/arranged with Stephen.
- During fittings, Stephen will ensure that the garment fits perfectly and the client is comfortable. The client may give her opinion about the garment – and it will be taken into consideration and the necessary changes will be made if the designer thinks it will benefit or better the fit or aesthetic value of the dress.
- A fitting is approximately 30-60 minutes.
- 4-5 fittings up to the collection will ensure that everything is perfect.
- Stephen will notify the client immediately if he anticipates that her gown will require more fittings.
- Made-to-measure gowns must be paid in full before the date of collection.
- All Stephen Van Eeden gowns dispatched on the client’s consent via SA Post or couriers become the sole responsibility of the client. Unless otherwise specified by the designer.
- A 50% deposit (non-refundable) is required upon the placement of an order and receiving the signed Terms and Conditions.
- The balance of the payment will be due before final delivery/collection of the client’s gown.
- PLEASE NOTE: No gowns will be dispatched until full payment is received.
- Full payment in advance is required for all international clients.
- In the event of an order being cancelled after the design is finalised and fabric sourced and paid for by the designer – the full deposit will be retained.
- If an order is cancelled after the development on a gown has begun or is completed, the client will be liable for the final payment as well as the 50% deposit will be retained. The gown will be finished and will be the property of the client.
- All designs illustrated by Stephen or gowns that feature on his website, social media pages and in publications are the sole intellectual property of Stephen Van Eeden Atelier and may not be reproduced in any circumstance unless pre-arranged.